The Great Geauga County Fair Souvenirs
Available in the Domestic Arts Hall 10:00 am – 10:00 pm during the fair:
- T- Shirts & Sweatshirts in adult & children's sizes
- Cats Meow Fair Buildings
- Stuffed frogs with Geauga County Fair t-shirts
- Note pads
Apple Pie Day ContestOpen Competition
Patterson Fruit Farm of Chesterland, Ohio
August 30, 2014 (No prior entry required)
Class 1 - 24 years and under
Class 2 - 25 years to 50 years
Class 3 - 51 years and over
Prizes in each class: 1st - $10.00, 2nd - $8.00, 3rd - $5.00
RULES FOR COMPETITION
- Must be made with fresh apples - (only apples).
- Two crust pie required.
- No purchased, ready-made crusts.
- Must be baked in a disposable, 8 or 9 inch, aluminum foil pan only (no metal or glass pans).
Reminder: Aluminum foil pans require approximately 15 minutes longer cooking time.
- Past Grand Champion winners are eligible for competition after 3 years.
- Bring to and enter at the Domestic Arts Hall 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Saturday, August 30, 2014.
- Winners will be announced on PA system.
- Apple pies will be sold during a public auction at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014 held at the Vernon Howard Band Pavilion. All proceeds to benefit the Auxiliary Fund.
- All winers will be given their awards during the public auction.
- Pies judged and sold at judge’s discretion of quality.
ALL AWARDS INCLUDING GRAND CHAMPION ARE PRESENTED BY THE PATTERSON FRUIT FARM.
Apple Pie Auction - 2013 WINNERS
GROUP I: (24 years of age and under)
- 1st: Kate Hornyak
- 2nd: Ella Whitby
- 3rd: Claire Sobecki
GROUP II: (25 to 50 years of age)
- 1st: Jody Grzywinski
- 2nd: Mary Anne Sobecki
- 3rd: Stacy Turner
GROUP III: (51 years of age and older)
- 1st: Wilma Sweet - GRAND CHAMPION
- 2nd: Rhonda Wynn
- 3rd: Lori Caldwell